It is never too late to straighten teeth and adult orthodontics is becoming increasingly popular; with many adults opting for invisible braces or removable braces. Two of the most popular braces treatments for adults include Damon Clear Braces and Invisalign, as both are not an obvious and normal metal braces. Many adults want to avoid metal braces as they want to avoid the embarrassment when going to work or attending social events. The benefits of each can be seen below:
Damon Clear Braces:
- Virtually invisible – Damon Clear is part of the innovative Damon System, which combines tieless braces with high technology arch-wires that are clinically proven to move teeth fast and comfortably with truly spectacular smile and facial results
- Faster treatment compared to invisible aligners
- No speech impediments that are associated with invisible aligners
- Easy to keep clean – unlike traditional clear braces, Damon Clear does not use elastomeric rings, so your braces are easy to keep clean
- Customised/personalised for your teeth
- Removable – can be removed to eat, drink, brush and floss or for special occasions
- Comfortable – Invisalign is comfortable because there are no metal brackets or wire to irritate your gums or the inside of the mouth
- Clear – virtually invisible so hardly anyone will notice that you are wearing them.
- Better oral health – one of Invisalign’s best qualities is that metal bands, brackets, or wires are not used which usually traps food and plaque. The removable nature of Invisalign allows you to maintain good oral hygiene
Braces for adults are just as effective as treatment at any age; however adults have to compete with items such as coffee or smoking which can stain invisible braces. Therefore you are receiving a health kick at the same time!
Many adults are opting for braces now as they can afford them and are also seeing the benefit of a great smile not only for cosmetic reasons – but to also improve dental hygiene and overall health and wellbeing. Straightened teeth are not an unattainable option in this day and age, with affordable options, interest-free flexible payment plans and easy, maintainable treatments.
Also keep in mind that misaligned teeth and jaws can result in abnormal stress caused by painful trauma to supporting bone and jaw joints as well as abnormal wear on your teeth. Signs of swollen gums and redness can surface due to teeth that are crowded or too widely spaced. When teeth are properly aligned, it helps the gums fit tighter around the teeth, which can lead to better gum health.